WSO2 Application Server 5.3.0 has been released on top WSO2 Carbon Kernel 4.4.1. See the release note below to find out the cool and exciting features of this latest release.
The WSO2 Application Server is an enterprise-ready cloud-enabled application server, powered by Apache Tomcat, and Apache TomEE, it integrates Apache CXF framework. It provides first class support for standard Web applications, JAX-WS/JAX-RS applications and Jaggery scripting applications. Coupled with features of WSO2 Carbon, users can now manage their applications including JAX-WS and JAX-RS to web applications in a unified manner within the management console itself.
WSO2 Application Server also provides a comprehensive Web services server platform using CXF as its Web services runtime, and provides many value additions on top of this runtime. It can expose services using both SOAP and REST models and supports a comprehensive set of WS-* specifications such as WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-SecureConversation, WS-Addressing, WS-SecurityPolicy, etc. WSO2 Application Server also has inbuilt support for Jaggery. WSO2 Application Server can be installed on on-premise or any public/private cloud infrastructure and provide unified management console and lifecycle management features which are independent from underlying deployment option.
An open source product, WSO2 Application Server is available under the Apache Software License (v2.0) . This includes all of the extra integration and management functionality as well.
For more information on WSO2 Application Server and to download the product please visit http://wso2.com/products/application-server.
- JavaEE 6 Web Profile support via TomEE 1.7.2 integration
- WebSocket 1.1 API Support as defined by the JSR-356 specification
- Tomcat Virtual Hosts support
- SAML2 Single-Sign-On support for web applications
- WS-Discovery support for CXF JAX-WS and JAX-RS services
- OSGi ServiceLoader Mediator specification support via SPI-Fly
- Support for Servlet 3, JSP 2.2, EL 2.2, JSTL 1.2 specifications.
- Full JAX-WS 2.2 and JAX-RS 2.0 Specification support
- Integration of Jaggery - server side scripting framework
- Unified Application listing and management UI for WebApps, JAX-WS/RS, Jaggery
- Multi Tenant support for standalone deployment
- 100% Apache Tomcat compliance runtime
- Lazy loading for web applications and services
- AppServer tooling - AppServer related artifacts can be easily generated using WSO2 Developer Studio
- Clustering support for High Availability and High Scalability
- Full support for WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-Policy and WS-SecureConversation
- JMX and Web interface based monitoring and management
- WS-* and REST support
- GUI, command line, and IDE based tools for Web service development
- Equinox P2 based provisioning support
- WSDL2Java/Java2WSDL/WSDL 1.1 and try it (invoke any remote Web service)