On 27th August 2010 DocBook version 5.1b2 and DocBook-XSL version 1.76.0 was released. DocBook V5.1b2 is the second test release of DocBook V5.1. Version 5.1b2 is available in RELAX NG and non-normatively in DTD and W3C XML Schema formats.
Summary of Changes in DocBook V5.1
The largest change is the introduction of support for topic-based authoring through the addition of the
topicelement and the
assemblystructure. For more information about assemblies, see DocBook Assemblies.
DocBook V5.1 also addresses the following requests for enhancement:
- RFE 1679665 Add better support for modular documentation
- RFE 1722935 Add a
proofreadervalue to the
- RFE 1770787 Add
givennameas an alternative for
- RFE 1899655 Allow more elements to be the root of a DocBook document
- RFE 2100736 Allow
- RFE 2791288 Added several additional elements, including
quote, to the ubiquitous inlines
- RFE 2820190 Add a
- RFE 2821653 Remove the constraint that
indextermelements must not appear in
- RFE 2907124 Allow personal name components directly in
- RFE 2907125 Allow all inlines in
- RFE 2907131 Allow
- RFE 2964576 Fix the bug that allowed
tableto appear inside
Element References can be found at DocBook 5: The Definitive Guide - Element Reference
DocBook-XSL Release Notes: 1.76.0
This release includes important bug fixes and adds the following significant feature changes:
- Gentext: Many updates and additions to translation/locales thanks to Red Hat, the Fedora Project, and other contributors.
- Common: Faster localization support, as language files are loaded on demand.
- FO: Support for SVG content in
- HTML: Output improved when using '
make.clean.html' and a stock CSS file is now provided.
- EPUB: A number of improvements to NCX, cover and image selection, and XHTML 1.1 element choices